Rhythm Kids Level 1 is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4-5) with a parent or caregiver. Each week, we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids Level 1 guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others and by musically creative as they:
- make up their own drumming patterns;
- invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.);
- create movement ideas for songs;
- and even take a drum solo!
Rhythm Kids Level 1 follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8.
Classes are for preschoolers ages 4-5 and include:
- 10 weekly, 45 minute classes
- Animal Collection Songbook and CDs (2 copies) each semester
- Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
Your child will:
- Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play and song
- Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play and soloing
- Learn to create, cooperate and express themselves musically
Drums will be provided for the class each week, but if you'd like your child to have a drum to play at home (and then continue to use in Level 2 classes!), please ask your teacher about the special discounts on djembe drums that are available to Music Together families.
Come try a class for FREE!
Upcoming Rhythm Kids Level 1 Classes
No classes are currently scheduled.