Our Backyard Learning Series is a weekly, in-person class held outdoor, currently only available through December 2020. Each class will be held either in a host's backyard or some other outdoor space. Class sizes are dependant on the size of the space to allow for proper social distancing - backyards usually have between 4-6 families in each, while some of our larger, public areas will accomodate up to 10 families. Have a group of friends that would like to take class together? No problem! We are happy to create a private class for you at your home. Call our office 516-946-7374 to work out the details.
Tuition for the Backyard Summer Series includes the following:
- Monthly Family Membership
- Enrollment in one of our outdoor classes
- All the resources available in our Music Together® Online program, including access to unlimited bonus Zoom classes, On-Demand class videos in our Family Portal, our private Facebook group, on-line events such as semi-weekly Lullaby Live and monthly Grandparent classes
- Unlimited make-ups via our on-line classes and/or On-Demand class videos in our Family Portal*
- Unlimited Bonus classes via our on-line classes and/or On-Demand class videos in our Family Portal*
- CD and Songbook for each new Song Collection
- Complimentary registration gift
* Make-ups and Bonus classes available in all classes EXCEPT Music Together Babies Online and Music Together Con Español Online.
Monthly tuition is as follows:
|Membership Plan Prices for Music Together Outdoors
|New Family Initial Fee (inlcudes Membership Fee and First Monthly Tuition; prorating may apply)
|Family Monthly Tuition (first registered child)
|Siblings 10 months and older
|Siblings under 9 months
|Siblings over 5 years
Some additional detail about outdoor classes:
- Before every class, participants will be required to answer a few questions regarding a basic health screening.
- Please refrain from attending class you've been diagnosed with coronavirus, if you or your child(ren) have been in close proximity to someone who has recently had the coronavirus, if you or your children are feeling sick, have a fever, a cough, or are experiencing general difficulty breathing. A prorated credit will be offered should you need to cancel your registration for the Backyard Learning Series due to coronavirus illness.
- Individual missed classes can be made up using our online Zoom class scheduler; there will be no refunds or credits offered for individual missed classes. Contact our office with questions/concerns.
- If you or anyone in your family or have been in close contact with someone diagnosed with coronavirus symptoms after attending a class or at any time during the session, you are required to report that immediately to our office by text or email.
- Please wash your hands frequently, and before and after attending our classes.
- Children and adults will be required to maintain a minimum of a 6 foot distance between themselves and other participants who are not in the same household.
- Children will NOT be required to wear face masks.
- Adults are asked to wear a face mask or other covering for their nose and mouth when they are within 6 feet of those who are not in the same household, unless doing so would be contrary to his or her health or safety due to medical conditions.
- There will be no bathrooms available for these classes.
- Instruments or other objects will not be shared. Families will be advised about what to bring from home for instruments or props. A small instrument set will be available for sale on our website under " Store."
- Weather issues - If the class is cancelled due to rain or heat, every attempt will be made to reschedule with the host and the teacher. Families who miss individual classes can make them up using our online Zoom class scheduler.
We realize that Outdoor classes are not for everyone. There are many things out of our control, such as weather, ground conditions, bugs, noise, etc. Please consider your comfort level regarding all these things prior to registering for class.
Weather Related Cancelations
Any class canceled due to inclement weather will be held in our Virtua classroom via Zoom.
At this time, we are not allowing make-ups to be done in any of our in-person classes. If you need to miss a class, please take a make-up via our on-line classes and/or On-Demand class videos in our Family Portal (any class except for Babies Only or Con Español).
Your membership is active until you cancel. For in-person classes, at least thirty (30) days notice is required to cancel by sending written notification to firstname.lastname@example.org. Membership ends on the last day of the month following the month of notification. If cancellation corresponds with the start of a new song collection, you will not receive the new songbook/CD.
There is a $50 fee for canceling within 60 days of registering (or the first day of class, whichever is later) and a $45 charge for materials if you cancel mid-session. It is your responsibility to keep your credit card current and accurate on your account. There will be a $10 charge for declined credit card charges.
Once we are no longer able to run classes outside, your membership will roll over to Music Together Online and tuition will be prorated, as necessary. At that time, you wil be given the option to continue with Music Together Online or cancel your membership at the end of that month.
No classes are currently scheduled.